Pages

Monday 22 April 2013

Never judge a book...

At Southampton airport for a trip to France for a conference. Instead of reading up on important conference material I just bought myself a brand new murder mystery novel! Can't wait. I completely fell in love with the artwork on the cover, and bought it without even reading the plot line.. Perhaps a bit of a gamble..


Murder mystery novels are by far my favourites. I know that as an aspiring author I should be reading Dostojevski and Hemingway and such like, and rave at length about their marvellous use of language and emotion. But to be honest, most of the time I don't read to experience new metaphors and tough psychological events, but to get a small break from reality. One of the best feelings in the world is the one where you suddenly realise that an hour has passed, and all you can remember is the wonderful world you've created in your mind from the story you're reading. And nothing tickles my reading nerve like a good ol' murder mystery story!
I do hope to get inspired to write one of my own one day.

Till Tee-time!

// Tee -- Looking forward to some French wine in preparation for the conference tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment