Pages

Thursday 5 June 2014

Star struck...

Honestly, there is something strange that has happened to me,…
Normally when I meet a person who I admire I might feel a bit inspired and of course lucky to have met them. The feeling lasts for 5 minutes on average.
Not this time..

Yesterday I went to a one-day conference event entitled; Inspiring Women in Academic Medicine and the Medical Sciences. Normally I think of these events as quite patronising (what kind of scientist am I if I need that kind of backing??!) but decided to go anyway (they had free lunch if nothing else..)

And then it happened. BOOM.
I fell in love with Professor Dame Sally Davies…. She is amazing. Crude. Funny. Powerful. Earns more than most officers of the government (and is not ashamed of it). This is my new hero.




No comments:

Post a Comment